OpenStack is evolving and gaining traction, with many businesses looking towards OpenStack as a potential Public Cloud platform alternative to the likes of AWS. Though for many in the industry OpenStack is still something of an unknown frontier. To help shed some light on the topic I speak with Ken Hui (EMC’s OpenStack Cloud Solutions Business Development Manager) who helps us gain a better understanding of OpenStack, what it is and how it fits into the Cloud eco-system.
During this episode we cover the following key topics:
- What is OpenStack?
- How does OpenStack fit into the ‘Cloud’ picture?
- Does OpenStack run alongside VMware vSphere or instead of?
- How does EMC contribute to the OpenStack initiative?
- Where is EMC’s commitment to the OpenStack initiative heading?
Links mentioned in the show:
- Everything OpenStack at EMC
- CloudScaling Blog – Randy Bias
- Cloud Architect Musings – Ken Hui
- Ken Hui Twitter (@hui_kenneth)